The Loves of my Life

The Loves of my Life

Monday, January 25, 2010

Prayer for Haiti

I am coming to you today on a more serious note...I know everyone has heard about everything going on in Haiti, I just wanted to take a few moments to let you know how you can be praying for them.

At this point there are still people missing and ones that have not been identified. Please pray for the families that still have not been able to locate their loved ones.

Haiti is a place that has a lot of orphanages to begin with and now the number of orphans has pretty much trippled. Please pray for the orphanages and their lack of supplies. There are many children that need to be taken care of and need supplies to meet basic needs.

On a more personal note...I have recently joined a team to go to Haiti and help get the schools up and running again. There is a school that we will be working with to clean it up and make it safe and clean for the children. We will also be taking supplies for a local orphanage and anything else that we can gather that we know they are in need of. All of the details are still in the works. Please pray for the team as we prepare for the trip and prepare our hearts for what we will encounter. Each one of us feels a call from God to go and serve. At this point the only thing holding me back is the fear that my passport is not up to date. If it is not I will be heading to Houston to get one on short notice, or praying for the possibility of a temporary passport. This is a very important detail, as I do not want to get to Haiti and not be able to get back :/ so I am trusting in God to make sure this gets taken care of!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just checked and mine expires March 15, 2010.... Yours probably does too. Ask Seth about getting passports at the very last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it taken care of today, it will be here in 2-3 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete