The Loves of my Life

The Loves of my Life

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Heavy Load

Hello Everyone! I have had a little trouble keeping up with my blog lately...sorry! I will try and do better. Things around here have been crazy since spring break. When I got back to my regular schedule I jumped in full force! I am back to having boot camp 3 days a week, which I love. I have a hard time motivating myself to go to the gym and lift weights, but with the help of Texas Boot Camp I am able to do just that!! I also decided to get back into swimming. I love it! I have never been much of a runner, so this is my way of getting in cardio and working on endurance.

Not only have I been working out a lot, but I have started grad school again! It is great to be back in the classroom and working toward my goal of being a school counselor! I am also blessed to be taking both of my classes with a lady I have known pretty much my entire life. Lisa and I will be working together this semester on our projects and pretty much encouraging eachother to be able to make it throught his touch schedule. It is nice to only have to go to classes for 8 weeks, but there is a lot of course work to cram into that short amount of time!

I have also been conviced this week to spend more personal time with the Lord. It has been a while since I have done a daily devotional. I am starting my journey with my sisters devotional cards of being a Virtuous Woman. You can check out her great products at Worthy of the Prize! If you have any suggestions for a good Women's Devotionaly to start in May please feel free to leave me a message telling me about it!

To go along with gettig my life in order with the Lord and exercise, I will also be trying to cook more and eat healthy. I was introduced to a great blog through Worthy of the Prize. The blog is done by a friend of mine, Sarah Kay. Her blog is called Carroll Creations. She gives great recipes that she does that are easy and healthy, just what I need!!

Please check out Worthy of the Prize @ worthyoftheprize.com for great exercise tips and devotionals; and Carroll Creations @ sarahkaycarroll.wordpress.com for easy and healthy recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for mentioning me! I also look forward to what people have to say about a good women's devotional... I need to find one, as well. :) Sarah Kay

    ReplyDelete